- Dunedin baker claims 2023 Best Young Bread Baker Award
- 2023 Young Bread Baker of the Year Entrants
- Machine guarding failures ‘reprehensible’
- Recall of poppy seeds not intended for sale directly to public
- Sharmaine: baker with knead to succeed
- Best Young Bread Baker wins $10k grant
- Nominations close 30th September 2022
- Young Bread Baker of the Year Competition Returns for 2022
- Young Bread Baker of the Year 2022
- 2021 Young Bread Baker of the Year Cancelled
NZ Herald ( 23/11/2022) featured an article on Sharmaine Allison, who reckons she’s got the best job.
Sure, she had to study at university, and her official title is “Senior Product Development Technologist”, at heart she’s a baker who works with a team to come up with new varieties of Ploughmans breads.
That involves a lot of taste-testing– and, as Sharmaine told media personality Hayley Sproull when she visited the Ploughmans bakery in Christchurch, “any job where eating food is part of the role description is always a winner.”
You can watch a video about Sharmaine and read the article by visiting NZ Herald