If you like your sandwiches toasted or grilled heres some ideas on fillings.
- Grilled or fried fish fingers with tartare sauce or lemon juice.
- A rasher of fried bacon covered with sautéed mushrooms.
- Cooked skinned sausages split lengthwise and covered with a layer of apple sauce.
- Coleslaw, slices of roast beef and hot gravy.
- Grilled or fried bacon with lettuce and tomato between hot buttered toast. Arrange in the following sequence: toast-bacon-lettuce-tomato-lettuce-bacon-toast.
Try your favourite fillings between hot buttered toast, or in a toasted sandwich maker or just butter the outside and grill in the oven until they are golden brown.