Cold Sandwiches - Filling Suggestions
A comprehensive list of suggestions for cold sandwich fillings.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons chopped chives and 120 grams of cottage or cream cheese, spread over bread and put unchopped marjoram leaves, chopped egg and grilled bacon pieces on top.
- Mix together 90 grams of cream cheese with 1/3 cup peanut butter, 1 tablespoon orange juice, and ¼ teaspoon grated orange rind.
- Mix together ¾ cup finely chopped dried apricots, ¼ cup chopped walnuts and 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing.
- Combine ¼ cup grated raw carrots, ¼ cup finely chopped celery, ¼ cup grated cabbage, a pinch of salt if necessary, 3 teaspoons mayonnaise or salad dressing.
- Combine chopped chicken with mayonnaise and add grated carrot.
- Mix flaked tuna, chopped spring onion and mayonnaise.
- Layer pickled herring, sliced egg, red cabbage and pickled cucumber.
- Tomato and freshly cooked asparagus.
- Make a club sandwich with freshly cooked prawns and tartare sauce on one layer and slices of avocado on the next.
- Combine drained tuna with fresh parsley, grated orange rind and mayonnaise.
- Spread mayonnaise on bread and fill with ground dry roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely grated carrot, dark seedless raisins, and mayonnaise.
- Layer salami, Edam cheese, sliced tomato and chives.
- Spread Vegemite and sprinkle chopped sultanas and nuts on top.
- Layer cream cheese, fresh peach and pear slices. Garnish with chopped grapes.
- Banana with a squeeze of lemon juice and sugar.
- Cream cheese with chopped nuts on a fruit loaf.
Don’t Forget the Old Favourites
- Ham and mustard
- Cheese and pineapple
- Cheese and onion
- Cold meat (beef, lamb, pork)
- Cucumber slices
Choice your favourite bread and fill it with one of the suggested combination of ingredients as listed above.